Wedding date: May 20, 2017
Husband’s name: Kent
Wedding Ceremony: Assumption Catholic Church in River North
Reception Location: The Blackstone Hotel
Four years ago, Elizabeth and Kent met on Match.com and this past May, we matched them with a few wedding trolleys to help transport them throughout the day of their dreams. Each year, Chicago Trolley & Double Decker Co. helps countless couples tie the knot by getting the wedding party to the church on time! This month, we’re featuring the beautiful newlywed Elizabeth, so she can give you the best tips and tricks to get the most out of your wedding trolley and wedding day.
Why did you choose a trolley as transportation?
Chicago Trolley & Double Decker Co. is so iconic, and it was important for us to choose vendors in the city with a classic Chicago vibe. They made the planning process SO simple, and were so easy to work with from start to finish. The drivers are knowledgeable about the city, and knew the exact places to park, take pictures, and tour around in.
How many people were in your wedding party for transport?
Twenty-two, including Kent and myself. We ended up renting two Trolleys so that the dates could hop-on after the ceremony and drive around with us for a few pics (and some toasts with champagne)!
Name the top 3 songs on your trolley transport playlist.
Love Shack by the B-52’s (it coincides with our last name, so this became a wedding theme song), September by Earth Wind and Fire and Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show
In your opinion, what are the top 3 reasons why wedding parties should use trolleys for transport?
- A fun, festive way to transport guests from one place to the other
- The drivers are so knowledge about the city
- Easy, simple booking with the Chicago Trolley staff
If you could tell your driver from the day one thing, what would it be?
Thank you for taking the time to make the day so special! You made our guests feel safe and secure, and you helped create some really special memories of the day.
As a bride in the know, do you have any tips to making your day extra special (on the trolley or at any time else?)
- Take the time to try and savor each moment—the day goes by way too fast!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Something is bound to go wrong (it was POURING all morning long!), but just take those things in stride. It’s going to be the best day no matter what!
- As for the trolley, pack more than you think you’ll need (where did all that champagne even go?!) and enlist a friend to make the perfect playlist! No one wants to be stuck listening to random Pandora commercials when you’re trying to get the party started.
Gorgeous and wise. A big thank to Elizabeth for letting us feature her special day and to her amazing wedding photographer, averyhouse, for allowing us to include these amazing photos.
If you’re looking to book Chicago Trolley & Double Decker Co. for your special day, start by requesting a quote today.