Good News – We are are Hiring! If a typical office setting isn’t really your cup of tea, take advantage of this exciting opportunity to be a trolley driver and tour guide! That’s right, comics musicians, actors and creatives – we’re looking at you! Learn about Chicago history while we teach you to drive our iconic trolleys!
Want to know more about the day in the life of being a driver/tour guide? Today, we interviewed one of our veteran trolley drivers/ tour guides, Ms. Alicia Dumas. Alicia has been with Chicago Trolley for over 13 years! She had a wonderful work ethic, a positive attitude and a passion for Chicago. We are so thrilled to introduce you to our friend, Alicia Dumas!
How did you first come to hear about Chicago Trolley & Double Decker Co.?
- I was seeking a job that would fir my outgoing personality. I came across an ad for a trolley driver/ tour guide.
How long have you been with the company?
- 13 years
What is your position at Chicago Trolley?
- Tour Guide/ Driver
How do you get ready to start your day?
- Most of my days begin with prayer. I pray for the success of Chicago Trolley.
What is the most challenging part of your job?
- Being patient with difficult people.
What do you like about working for Chicago Trolley?
- The freedom of expressing myself within the guidelines of the company.
What is the most interesting part of being a trolley driver/ tour guide?
- Every day is an adventure. You will never get bored. Meeting people from all over the world is a highlight for us.
What is something that you look forward to every day with your work?
- The element of surprise LOL
What attributes does someone need to have in order to be really successful in this position?
- Friendly, understanding, patience and an open mind
What opportunities has working for Chicago Trolley brought you?
- I have had the opportunity to meet celebrities, athletes and I have had television appearances. In 2008 I was a part of President Obama’s celebration.
What is the company and team culture like?
- There is a diverse group of friendly people that work for Chicago Trolley.
What is different about working here than anywhere else you have worked?
- I enjoy being outdoors, meeting people going places that I have never been. Getting paid to enjoy working is all right!
What is your most memorable moment while working for Chicago trolley?
- Meeting Minnie Minoso (Chicago White Sox) during the 2005 World Series Parade.
What do you do to end your day?
- After each work day I am thankful.
Any advice you would give someone who is looking to work as a trolley driver/ tour guide?
- The job can be a little stressful at times, but the end result is how you process and handle any situation.
Are you ready to meet people from all over the world, entertain and have fun?! Then we would love to meet you! To apply visit http://chicagotrolley.com/employment/ to fill out your application and let the adventure begin!